Thursday, August 16, 2012

Well! Anything interesting happen while I was away?

PhotoArt via the fabulous BlueGal

Just kidding.

You People, sheesh.

I'm back in St. Petersburg, now that school has begun.

I've been all over Twitter this summer--what, you're not following @litbrit? You're missing out, ahem--and keeping up with the increasingly nasty-toned presidential campaigns in between runs to the office-supply store for three-ring-binders and new thumb-drives (they really need to invent a thumb-drive that can withstand repeated washings and dryings, don't you think?) and bouts of remedial gardening (note to self: find some decent galoshes and get a pedicure before the next PTA meeting).

As for Mitt Romney's Vice Presidential pick, Paul Ryan, I must thank my dear friend David Ferguson for sharing Charles Pierce's apt descriptor, on which I can't improve in the slightest:

The zombie-eyed granny-starver from Wisconsin.

So how was your summer?  Come on, make me jealous. It can't have been worse than being stuck in the staggering swamp heat of west Florida, weeping at televised scenes of England's green glory during the Olympics, and cleaning up after small dogs, big boys, and a disdainful 24lb "house panther" who's finally deigning to purr for me at the ripe old age of seven.

Roll on autumn...

No comments:

Post a Comment